Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Rule Of Men

By Cernig

The Senate voted 31-67 to give retroactive immunity to telecoms corporations anabling Bush's surveillance programs. TPM Muckraker notes:
Sen. Chris Dodd (D-CT) took to the floor last night to give a speech asking, "This is our defining question, the question that confronts every generation: The rule of law, or the rule of men?" The resounding answer: the rule of men.
and lists the Dem crossovers.
Sens. Jay Rockefeller (D-WV), Evan Bayh (D-IA), Daniel Inouye (D-HI), Tim Johnson (D-SD), Herb Kohl (D-WI), Mary Landrieu (D-LA), Claire McCaskill (D-MO), Mark Pryor (D-AR), Blanche Lincoln (D-AR), Dianne Feinstein (D-CA), Ken Salazar (D-CO), Tom Carper (D-DE), Barbara Mikulski (D-MD), Jim Webb (D-VA), Ben Nelson (D-NE), Bill Nelson (D-FL), Kent Conrad (D-ND), and Debbie Stabenow (D-MI).
Obama lived up to his promise to vote for stripping the telecom corps. of their immunity. Clinton didn't show up.

And I thought I was already in a bad mood today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice post. I learn something new and challenging on websites I stumbleupon every day.
It will always be interesting to read articles from other writers and use a little something from their web sites.
My web site :: golden virginia tobacco usa

Anonymous said...

Very great post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wished to mention that I've truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. In any case I will be subscribing on your rss feed and I hope you write again very soon!
My webpage :: captain black pipe tobacco

Anonymous said...

Touche. Outstanding arguments. Keep up the good
spirit.
Review my web-site ; erinmore balkan mixture