Friday, February 15, 2008

Has hell frozen over?

By Libby

Goddess help me. I didn't think I'd ever see this day but I find I agree with Newt Gingrich. Michigan and Florida need to redo their primaries before the convention. I already posted at the Detroit News about this so I'll just quote my last graf.

New primaries should be held in both states and the DNC should foot the bill for failing to apply their rules equally across the board. I'd suggest they be held on a Saturday so as to cause the least disruption. Everybody wins in this way. The states get valid delegates. The voters get to make their choices known and the Democratic party avoids a major backlash that will surely arise from seating delegates that were awarded in an otherwise untoward and undemocratic fashion.

No comments: