Wednesday, September 05, 2007

GOP Congressman dies

By Libby

Breaking news via Crooks and Liars. It appears Rep. Paul Gillmor (R-Ohio) has died of an apparent heart attack. I can't help but wonder whether the stress of defending the indefensible GOP positions were a contributing factor.

My thoughts and condolences go out to his family of course.

A clarification. Kevin Sullivan comments that he finds this post somewhat callous. In re-reading the post, I can see why my usual blunt tactlessness might be construed as such so to be clear, my speculation on the cause was meant to convey concern and regret, not to score any political points. Indeed, I'm worried about the other elderly career GOP politicians. Stress is horribly detrimental to good health and I fear others may suffer from its ill effects before this campaign season is over.

No comments: