Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Super Tuesday Dem Scorecard -- Updated again and again and again!

by shamanic

Okay, this is a bit late, but the night's going to run long.

Remember that the "Delegate" column refers to total delegates for the state and doesn't speak to the allotment. It's not winner take all.

(1:15am)Not sure how much longer I'll be able to stay awake. American Samoa is somewhere over toward Australia, so those results will arrive at a point in the future. I'm tired and can't quite remember whether it's tomorrow or yesterday at that spot on the planet.

My big takeaway from the night? The factions of the GOP are warring with each other; the Democratic Party is struggling to choose between two excellent and distinctive candidates. I wouldn't rule out a Huckabee vice-presidency, especially in the event of an Obama nomination on my side. I really think that Obama would force the GOP to spend unexpected resources on states like Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, and maybe even South Carolina. I'm not saying any of these states would flip, just that Obama has the ability to throw them into play in a way that Clinton doesn't. She didn't bother to contest Georgia or Alabama for this primary. She's written off the south in a way I don't think Obama would.


StateDelWinner
AL52Obama
AK13Obama
A. Samoa3Clinton
AZ56Clinton
AR35Clinton
CA370Clinton
CO55Obama
CT48Obama
DE15Obama
Dems Abroad7Dems Abroad Website
GA87Obama
ID18Obama
IL153Obama
KS21Obama
MA93Clinton
MN72Obama
MO72Obama
NJ107Clinton
NM26Wednesday night, Clinton is leading by about 100 votes. Still not called by CNN.
NY232Clinton
ND13Obama
OK38Clinton
TN68Clinton
UT23Obama

Final update: G'night John Boy. Even the CNN crew is getting punchy. Barack Obama just sent a message out via Facebook driving home the victories of the day. This is -- by far -- the most exciting primary race I've ever seen, and I'm absolutely thrilled by the process. I look forward to my colleagues' observations tomorrow (hopefully they're sleeping happily in their beds), knowing that they always notice stuff that I miss, and the wider reaction in blogland and the media. Andrew Sullivan remains sadly unreadable though.

Ah, CNN just said that more 11 million Dems voted yesterday, and the raw vote margin separating Clinton and Obama was less than 100,000. In an earlier discussion, it was revealed that we once again turned out in vastly larger numbers than our Republican neighbors, even in deeply red states. Great news for the party and the country.

I'm signing off now. Hope your Tuesday was Super, but I realize now, at 1:42am, that it's Wednesday anyway. I believe I'm about to turn into a pumpkin.

No comments: