Friday, February 01, 2008

President Blair?

By Cernig

I have spent a long time regretting my one and only vote for Tory Blur, in his first election victory. I started to regret it the moment I saw that his first action on election was to run to Margaret Thatcher's side for advice - not the signature move of anyone who honestly believed the kind of thing Blair had been saying. Nowadays the man's lust for power and money and willingness to say or do anything to attain it gives me the dry heaves.

Today the Guardian reports:
Tony Blair has been holding discussions with some of his oldest allies on how he could mount a campaign later this year to become full-time president of the EU council, the prestigious new job characterised as "president of Europe". Blair, currently the Middle East envoy for the US, Russia, EU and the UN, has told friends he has made no final decision, but is increasingly willing to put himself forward for the job if it comes with real powers to intervene in defence and trade affairs.
I've a word of advice for my European friends.

Nooooooooooooooooooooo.

No comments: