Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Bush on Bush

By Libby

Bush apparently is planning to use his upcoming Middle East trip to define his legacy. I think I can save him the trouble. I've finally figured it out. He's really good at one thing. He sets the standard for cognitive dissonance. Here's how he sees himself.
"I can predict that the historians will say that George W. Bush recognized the threats of the 21st century, clearly defined them, and had great faith in the capacity of liberty to transform hopelessness to hope, and laid the foundation for peace by making some awfully difficult decisions."

"When he needed to be tough, he acted strong, and when he needed to have vision he understood the power of freedom to be transformative," Bush said of himself.
He wants to see himself as a hero, that's okay with me. A lot of people have a problem with dealing with reality but these remarks to the Middle East media are truly frightening.
"I'm going to get a lot done next year. I really am. You know, there's this great myth about how the President, because there's an election, or because it's the last year of his presidency, not much is going to get done. Quite the contrary. We'll get a lot done."
Now do you see why I think we need to impeach him immediately? He's not worried about the future of the country, he's worried about his place in the history books and will only get more 'bold' in his visions. Considering where we are seven years into his regime, don't you think he's done enough already? He must be stopped before he does any more damage.

No comments: