Sunday, December 02, 2007

The 100 Best Law Blogs

By Libby

It says a lot about how blogging has matured when the American Bar Association recognizes 100 law blogs. Five years ago, they didn't know what a blog was. Now they're running a sort of contest to rank the editor's picks for the most influential 100 by reader's preference. It's an interesting format. You can vote for as many blogs as you like in any category, but you can only vote for any single blog, once.

I like that format. I was able to vote for both Glenn Greenwald and Talk Left in in this category. Needless to say I didn't vote for Insty. And I was able to vote for Balkinization and Lessig in this one. Of course I did not vote for Prof. Althouse, but I would urge you to check out Lessig's blog. I think he's a way underrated blogger. He's done some terrific work on First Amendment rights and internet law.

But I'm bringing this up mainly to plug my friend Scott at Grits for Breakfast in this category. Scott has done tremendous work in drug policy reform and I would love to see him get the recognition. He really deserves it for his relentless efforts.

No comments: