Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Those lucky Californians

by shamanic

Cynthia McKinney was my worthless congresswoman in the last congress, and all I can say to this report is, "Enjoy California!" There's still a whole bunch of crap she had named for her here in the old district, but I'm optimistic that wiser heads will eventually prevail and things like "Cynthia McKinney Parkway" will get renamed for people who make positive contributions to the area.

I had a good time in the run-up to the '06 election taking her useless record apart over at Simianbrain, but I thought I was isolated in my criticism. Nope. Happily, we Dekalb residents were able to elect someone who, so far anyway, seems to be doing all the right things for the district. I'm also generally pleased with the legislation he's sponsored or co-sponsored, though of course none of it is as sexy as McKinney's legislative battle to release any records the FBI might have had on Tupac Shakur.

Yeah, anyway. It was very nice end to our long local nightmare.

No comments: