Friday, October 19, 2007

Hillary & Women

by shamanic

Admittedly, Clinton pollster Mark Penn talks to more people than I do, but I don't believe for a second that Mrs. Clinton would grab the votes of 24% of Republican women drawn in by the "emotional appeal" of electing the first female president.

And I don't believe that the trend is as evident in the south as it is elsewhere. Nope. Not for a second.

Among the much smaller sample group I'm familiar with, friends, colleagues, family members, she's equally looked down upon here by people from both parties as well as independents.

Over the course of this cycle, my own view has changed. Initially, I was dead set against ever voting for Hillary Clinton for president, but her ability to ooze competence in all situations (so far, which is a real achievement) has won me over at least to the point that I won't sit the election out if she's the nominee.

But 24% of Republican women? You've gotta be kidding me.

No comments: