Thursday, November 08, 2007

News travels fast...

by shamanic

I've spent the better part of the last week on the road and pretty disconnected from the news (read: laptop free). It's funny how fast things go from "breaking news" to cultural meme, so if you miss the original rash of, I guess, "Pakistani President declares state of emergency", you're only going to see somewhat cryptic-sounding stories about "the situation in Pakistan".

The best set of headlines for my road-weary brain happened yesterday though. I cannot fully capture the scope of my fatigue yesterday as I tried to sit down and catch up on events in the world, and while skimming the news sites I came across a story about "Unrest in Georgia". The subhead talked about riot police. I was like, "Wow, this water crisis has really gotten intense, hasn't it?"

Republic of... Republic of Georgia. I suppose by blogging standards I should pat myself on the back for not writing a post about the citizens of Atlanta being put down by heavily armed law enforcement when they tried to unseat Sonny Perdue.

No comments: