Sunday, December 12, 2004

Newshog 12-12-2004

Sorry the news briefs are a wee bit late today. Is anyone out there reading them anyway? Are they interesting or useful? Should I just cut them and do an article instead? Comments please!

  • Republican on Social Security reform; "I think it's irresponsible to borrow the whole trillion dollars". No s*** Sherlock.

  • The AIDS pandemic is the worst disaster in human history, blighting childhood everywhere. (Thanks, Shadows)

  • US tapped elBaradei phone with the aim of gathering evidence to remove him from IAEA, say officials.

  • In the wake of the Kerik fiasco, will Bush be able to find anyone except mediocrities to fill open administration positions?

  • Russia's defence minister is in China for talks aimed at further developing military and technical co-operation between the two countries. The Russia-China-India-Brazil Coalition still on track?

  • Republican PR firm to open a media centre in Iraq "to help Baghdad’s candidates and political parties in Iraq’s first ever free and fair election."

  • Scottish anti-war protestors urge a wave of "civil disobedience" protests. *sniff* It makes a man proud, so it does.

  • A MUST READ! The additional money for armoring trucks is coming out of the payroll for GI's in the field, reports DefenceTech.

  • Liberal powerhouse MoveOn has a message for the "professional election losers" who run the Democratic Party: "We bought it, we own it, we're going to take it back."

  • Gordon Brown, British top finance minister, says we have a moral duty to aid the world's poor. He's from my hometown, you know.

  • Social Security doom-mongering. The figures seem to suggest the Bush administration are dealing in fear tactics...again.

  • A light-hearted look at when conspiracy theories go too far.

Quote of the Day:

Power has only one duty - to secure the social welfare of the People.
Benjamin Disraeli

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cernig,yes please keep the news going.I always read them although sometimes I don't have time to post a comment.
I think it is important to TDG as a whole to have a well balanced program and this helps a lot.
Your comments are very interesting too, so a combination of both is good.
Actually reading what other people think about things is always good for you I always believe.
It can sometimes shock you out of your complacency when you go with one idea, like me with Yetis.

On TDG itself I would like more about UFOs but that's just me.I always like a good UFO story.

Thanks

shadows

Kyle E. Moore said...

Yeah, if you can keep up with it, more power to ya! I tried to keep up with a weekly news brief, but fell short.

Mr. M
Left of Center

Anonymous said...

Please keep up with the news briefs. All linked articles are important to someone. I just started reading your blog today after you posted on Simianbrain.
I appreciate someone who gathers the parts into something resembling a whole and linking the sources is the best way to maintain objectivity adn credibility. You can have opinions, and I want to read those, but also present the source so I can read it myself. This adds validity to your opinions even if I don't agree with them.
To me that is the best way to have civil dialog and God knows we need more of that in America today.
Do an article if you prefer. But keep the links. I guess I would like to see both if you have the time.
kirkrrt