Thursday, January 10, 2008

And now, it gets ugly

by shamanic

Obviously, we're at the part of the process where elbows come out and the arguments get even sharper, but I hope that the Dem candidates will be able to avoid slash-and-burn politics and not leave the eventual nominee deeply wounded for the general.

I remember reading an article in Newsweek after McCain's loss in 2000, where a Republican McCain supporter said basically, "Well, I guess that's it then. I'm a Bush supporter now."

Democrats rely more on our idealism to guide us, and I hope the primary season arguments don't result in the nominee simply being unpalatable to a large proportion of Dems. We've got to get the White House, people. Eyes on the prize.

So candidates: no hitting below the belt, let's have a clean fight, and I hope you win by appealing to the best in us.

No comments: