Thursday, November 29, 2007

Why scandals haven't ruined Rudy

By Libby

Everybody in Blogtopia is on this story about Rudy's 'creative' bookkeeping. As I see it, it's not so much that he billed out tens of thousands of tax dollars for security for trysts with Judy while he was cheating on his second wife, it's that he had no compunction about dunning agencies serving the underprivledged in order to hide it from his then current wife. I blogged on it at the Detroit News but allow me to quote myself on this point.

I honestly don't see how anyone can support this man. He's a serial liar, an adulterer and a cheat.

Of the all the GOP hopefuls, it appears Rudy has the most claim to the Reagan legacy. As Ronnie was the teflon president; it appears Rudy is the teflon candidate. So far, none of the stink of his scandals seems to stick to him. It remains to be seen whether this will be the one that finally scratches that no-stick surface.

No comments: