Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Once I was a Kossack

By Libby

I haven't paid much attention to the latest Blogger confab but it looks like it was an interesting event and I'm kind of sorry I missed it. Brad posted the best summation I ran across and is worth reading in full if you're interested in insider gossip, but this was the vignette that struck home with me.

As well, I got to chat a bit Markos Moulitsas, whom I'd never previously met or spoken with, and so enjoyed sharing some personal thoughts on the exceedingly unfortunate chilling effect --- especially in the corporate mainstream media --- of his having purged DailyKos of diarists who wrote about fraud in the 2004 Election debacle in Ohio in the months following the election.

More on that perhaps at another time, as it's late, and I'd hate to further discombobulate the Worldview of any wingnuts reading along this far, since they believe "liberals" agree on everything (and, of course to the laziest of them, I'm a "liberal"). For the record, not only do I disagree with what Markos did, I continue, to this date, my own personal quiet boycott of his site and his yearly gathering in hopes that some day he'll apologize for the inestimable damage done by his actions to the cause of Electoral Integrity.

This is when I also left the Kos community. I quietly delinked him and started my own personal and unannounced boycott. I occassionally follow a link to a good diary but I never went back to see if I was one of those banned for speaking out on the obvious fraud in the 04 election. To this day, I remain appalled that Kos shut down that debate, which we have over the years discovered was based on an all too legitimate gripe. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to forgive him for it.

Meanwhile, 08 is approaching like a freight train and we still don't have a verified voting system we can trust. We really need to do something about that sooner than later.

No comments: