Monday, November 26, 2007

Clueless Joe Klein

By Libby

I've pretty much stopped reading Joke Line for the most part but I've been following the reactions to his recent, painfully clueless posts on the FISA bill. Glenn Greenwald, as would be expected, did a scathing debunk of Klein's foolish musings but I especially liked Booman's questions to Time's befuddled pundit.

If you're really honest with yourself, Joe, you'll realize that you are part of the problem. It's not only your lousy reporting. It's not only your weak advice. It's your lack of concern. You act as though the Bush administration is just business as usual. We civil libertarians are desperately trying to make sure that the Bush administration does not become 'usual'...that it is branded as criminal...and that no future administration can use this one as a precedent to justify similar criminality and executive power. Why are you fighting us?

I'd like an answer to that myself.

No comments: