Friday, November 30, 2007

Calling Giuliani on his lies

By Libby

Quite a few bloggers are pretty excited by the front page article in the NYT calling out Rudy on his 'creative statitics.' Don't get me wrong, I think it's better than what we've seen so far, which has been nothing, but I'm not feeling quite as charitable about it as Big Media Matt and Greg Sargent. For instance, this is a good point.
All of these statements are incomplete, exaggerated or just plain wrong.
But I still find it a little wimpy when they add the caveat that all politicians exaggerate. I think they're cutting Rudy too much slack.

Maybe I'm old-fashioned, or maybe I'm just old, but where I come from, the depth and breadth of Rudy's deceptions are called lies and that's exactly what I'm calling them at my multi-part and ongoing series on Rudy at the Detroit News blog -- Guliani lies. Somehow that sounds more honest to me.

No comments: