Saturday, October 06, 2007

O'Reilly needs to be excised

By Libby

You know, one of my dearest friends in the world has had dinner with Bill O'Reilly and tells me in real life he's actually a kind of nice, self-effacing guy. I have no reason to doubt my friend so I can accept that as true. Nonetheless, O'Reilly's on-air personna is toxic, like a huge tumor threatening permanent damage, if not death, to the brains of the electorate.

Steve is right. The man is simply creepy, even when he's kidding, and he gets creepier every day. Maybe he really is a nice guy in real life, but in a way that makes his conduct even more inexcusable. How can you respect a guy who decides to make a living on being a professional liar and a pompous jerk?

Update: GTL adds a few choice words of his own.

No comments: