Saturday, September 01, 2007

Rumors of Led Zep Reunion Gig

By Cernig

I know this will typecast me, but Zep are my all-time favorite band. Now there are credible rumors of a reunion gig:
According to reports the supergroup, who disbanded 27 years ago, are in talks with the owners of the 20,000 capacity venue to stage a spectacular one off show at the end of the year.

Speculation has been rife that the three surviving band members, Jimmy Page, Robert Plant and John Paul Jones had been planning to perform their greatest hits at a memorial concert for the late Island Record boss Ahmet Ertegun.

Now it looks like they have chosen the venue.

No official confirmation has been given but sources have confirmed they are in talks with the owners of the venue in Greenwich, south east London.

A source said: "The talks are ongoing but it looks like a definite possibility. Nothing has been finalised but fingers crossed the most anticipated comeback concerts ever could become a reality."
The drummer, the rumors say, will be Jason Bonham, son of the late (and greatest rock drummer of all time) John Bonham. I've seen some video of Jason playing with Plant's band and he was so like his dad in style and sound as to be uncanny. He really is the only sensible choice.

Hells, I want to be at that reunion gig!

Update I'm a drummer myself, and John Henry was always my idol. I think he'd be happy about how his little boy Jason grew up.

Jason Bonham then:


Jason Bonham now:


Nice one, John.

No comments: