Thursday, June 21, 2007

The Newt that Laid the Golden Egg

By Libby

Forget the American dream, Newt is bringing us the American fairy tale. He's figured out how he's going to make that difference from outside the beltway. Witness the "Winning The Future Goose That Laid the Golden Egg YouTube Contest." No really. That's the name of it.

Your assignment, should you wish to accept it, is to make a "two minute video that is "your explanation of the American economy -- the Goose that Laid the Golden Eggs -- and the danger that tax increases are going to kill the goose and end the eggs."



One minute and 56 seconds of pure entertainment in this one, I'll tell you. I giggled a little as Newt expanded at great length on the theme but it was the prize that had me rolling on the floor.

I have a feeling Newt is trolling for hits here by putting up a YouTube so dumb you just have to link to it, but I haven't laughed that hard in way too long. I hope you find it equally amusing and no fair spoiling the punch line in comments.

No comments: