Monday, June 11, 2007

Lil' George destined for big time

By Libby

I just might start watching television again. This new cartoon certainly sounds tempting.
Take its title character. Lil' George Bush is a pushy if none-too-swift lad making mischief with his pals from Beltway Elementary: Lil' Condi, Lil' Cheney and Lil' Rummy (pint-size versions of Condoleezza Rice, Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld). Another thing: Lil' George resides in the White House.

Oh, sure, this new Comedy Central cartoon show does take lil' liberties with the truth. For instance, "Lil' Bush" is set in the present, yet George H.W. (not George W.) Bush is the nation's chief executive. And though Lil' Cheney mutters in an indecipherable growl (seem familiar?), his practice of biting off the heads of live chickens has no basis in real life.
At least as far we know Dick doesn't do that but with his penchant for secrecy, who really knows? That's a joke by the way, for those who haven't known me long enough to understand my dry wit. Anyway, I love a 'toon with a political subtext and I'll make a point to check it out. I predict it will be a big hit.

The article also reminded me how much I miss the old WB network. I adored Pinky and the Brain. Come to think of it, didn't WB shut down around the same time that everyone was using the cartoon as an analogy for Bush and Rove? Just wondering.

No comments: