Sunday, May 20, 2007

Moore outclasses critic

By Libby

The loyal Wingtopians love to throw down the BDS card whenever they encounter an uncomfortable argument they can't otherwise refute with facts but they fail to recognize their own idiosyncratic afflictions, one of them being MDS, the irrational hatred of Michael Moore. I find it incomprehensible that they're willing to invest so much energy and bandwidth in tearing the guy down.

I mean, the guy makes movies. He doesn't hold public office. He hasn't ordered anyone to their deaths. He hasn't squandered their tax dollars. He has no real power over their lives whatsoever. So why the big vendetta? The attention only raises his public profile and generates publicity for his movies.

I suppose I'll never figure that out but I'll be curious to see their reaction to Moore's brilliant act of gentle revenge. Joseph Cannon has the details.
For several years now, Jim Kenefick has been railing against the Oscar-winning director on Moorewatch.com. Recently, Kenefick wrote about the difficulty he was having paying his wife's medical bills. Fellow conservatives guided him toward a cheaper health insurer, but Kenefick said he still had trouble making payments.

"Someone e-mailed me and asked if an 'anonymous' benefactor could offer to pay my first year's premiums - $12,000," Kenefick wrote on his site.

He was skeptical when the check arrived. "I opened a whole new account at my bank, waited for it to clear, checked twice with bank personnel to make sure it wasn't a scam, and waited a full 60 days before spending the money. At that time, I started drawing on it and paying the monthly premiums until it was gone."
Yeah, you guessed it. The anonymous benefactor was Michael Moore.

And how did Mr. Kenefick react to Moore's largess? Was he gracious enough to thank Moore for helping to save his wife's life? Of course not. It's probably genetically impossible for terminally vitriolic "conservatives" to express gratitude. Kenefick is angry at being bailed out of his financial troubles.
First of all, Moore doesn’t have friends. He has employees and allies...

A few years ago, Moore threatened to sue me. Add to that the fact that $12,000 is equal to his ding-dong budget for the week. Or what it costs to make one of those suits for award shows.

What am I supposed to be grateful for? The chance to look like an ass?
How classy. As Cannon put it, "Never let it be said that Jim Kenefick missed his opportunity."

Of course, Moore didn't do this solely out of the kindness of his heart but I can't imagine a more humanitarian or gentlemanly manner of exacting his revenge. Word up to Mr. Kenefick. The appropriate response would have been -- gee, thanks. That's what I would have said to George Bush if he had bailed me out of my financial hole and I'm often told I suffer from BDS.

No comments: