Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Legislative Debate

by shamanic

Just a little while ago, I saw a segment on The News Hour with Jim Lehrer where anchor Gwen Ifill interviewed Sen. Evan Bayh and Sen. Olympia Snowe about Iraq.

The two are crafting legislation that will build accountability into our Iraq funding process, blah blah blah. I'm sure there are details, but the legislation isn't the important part.

The important part was that there were two United States Senators discussing policy issues in such a way as to seek solutions, and they were willing to confront not only the Iraqi leadership, but the President. From a position of strength.

I swear, for a minute it felt just like living in America again. It felt good. I hope to see a lot, and I mean a lot, more of this kind of solution seeking from our new congress. Because I expect to see exactly the same amount from our old president.

No comments: