Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Introducing Me!!!!

Hey there, somehow Cernig thought I should be part of his blogging all-stars. I honored for this consideration and I am very happy to join him, Shamanic, and Libby and perhaps one or two more writers for this new project that will be temporarily hosted here. My home blog for the past forty two months has been Fester's Place, and that makes me a very old man in blogger years, which I think are even more accelerated than dog years. I'll still be writing Pittsburgh specific and personal articles over there, but all of my new analytical content will coming into the group blog.

I have known Cernig and Shamanic a good two years now as we originally 'met' while working on the Unpaid Punditry Corps, another group blog. I really enjoyed that experience of working with very intelligent, passionate writers who can hold their own in an argument. And I look forward to establishing that type of relationship with Libby in the very near future.

I am a political junkie with an analytical problem. I fully and freely admit it, and this addiction informs most of my writing. As a general rule, I'll be writing about economics, urban economics and economic development, international affairs with a specific focus on Iraq and the Middle East as I outsource a good chunk of my thinking on Iran to Cernig already, US military readiness and troop deployment patterns and whatever else passes my fancy. One of my weaknesses as a writer is that I like to write long. I'll work on that, but I ask for your forgiveness in advance before you see a grammatically correct but incomprehensible seventy eight word sentence smack in a four hundred word paragraph.


I have to get back to work right now, but I look forward to this collaboration and to writing for new readers.

Dave

Update By Cernig. We're all tremendously excited to add Dave to the Newshog partnership. I personally believe him to be one of the best analysts in blogtopia (ys, ydctp). Just wait until you see how his data-crunching can expose the holes in the Pentagon's happy-joy-joy tales of Iraq - it's the kind of blogging few others do and no-one does it as well as Dave. Add to that an understanding of economics and international affairs and you can easily appreciate why he is such a catch. Welcome, Dave. It's going to be fun.

No comments: