Friday, March 23, 2007

A Welcome for Our New Newshog Partner

By now, regular readers will have worked out that we have a new co-blogger here at Newshog.

I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome Shamanic to the Newshog. For those who don't know her excellent work she has also blogged at her own site, Simianbrain and as a co-blogger for Shakespeare's Sister.

Shamanic is, I hope, going to be a full partner here at Newshog. She has a few real-world things to take care of over the next couple of weeks but by mid-April should be blogging here every day. I'm really excited about adding her voice. She's a crisp and sincere writer with a great turn of phrase and an amazing appreciation of political affairs. One of the things I'm hoping she will do is work to correct my own lack of "lived with it all my life" nuance when it comes to US domestic politics. The other, as she suggested in an email, is that she will perhaps bring a little softer approach with her. That's not to say she's a pushover, mind you. I've seen her snark and I've seen her put down trolls and have only admiration for her artistry in doing both.

Thanks for agreeing to join Newshog, Sha.

No comments: