Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Putting The Record Straight: A Newshog Correction

I get mail.

Not much and none of it offering me money to write. However, one mail I did get was from Alex Franz, who writes:

"A few weeks back, you linked to a piece on a site run by Robert Wilson about what a law to really base marriage on the Bible might look like. That piece was actually written by me [and]my original from 2003 is here.

Of course it's a thrill to have Wilson using my material; the Illuminatus trilogy is an all-time favorite of mine, although I would have preferred a proper attribution. The bit was widely linked; one other person to cite it was James Randi, who apparently tried to locate the original but failed because my archives were bloggered at the time. Randi isn't as much a favorite of mine as Wilson, but how many times does my blog (or any other) get quoted by a Macarthur Grant winner?"


I'm happy to put the record straight, Alex.

No comments: