Friday, May 13, 2005

Who Reads Newshog?

The answer is - not many people. It's a rare day that this blog sees more than 100 visitors or more than 30 regular readers. Some days it's a whole lot less than that. Still, I value your time and your interest, I value the fact that you do read this blog.

Personally, I think it's not too bad a blog. I think I manage to write some stuff that's original, informative, even fun. I also feel, sometimes, that Newshog may be like one of those really good little restaurants who get business by word of mouth and are an open secret to it's clientelle - and which would lose something if all and sundry were queueing to get in.

And so I notice who reads, especially the regulars as noted by the sitemeter. Some are well known to you from the comments on my posts, but others aren't because they read but don't comment.

So I am holding a "meet the other regulars" party - bring your own (virtual) bottle. I would love to know why you read Newshog and what you do with the information. Let me and all the other regulars know in comments, if you would please.

This especially means you - the reader from Inktomi in CA, from Zagreb University in Croatia, from the Houston Chronicle, the American City Business Journal, MIMS in Chicago, from the BBC in London, from the Information Access Center in Detroit, from Salt Spring Island in BC, Calgary in Alberta, North Hills CA, New York, Brooklyn and Jersey City. You all visit almost every day and I would love to know what you get out of Newshog and what you would like to see more of.

Go on, tell me. Pretty please.

No comments: