Saturday, January 01, 2005

Service Notice

I'm going to be offline for a few days from the 3rd January, as I am moving my family the 1,000 miles to Atlanta GA. Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible after that date, probably around the 6th.

In the New Year, I want to add a new feature, a Newshog Blogabout, in which at least once a week I will post a dozen or so links in the 'news briefs' format to a bunch of lesser-known-blog posts that caught my attention or gave food for thought. I'm doing this as an effort to go some way towards putting my money (or time) where my mouth is on the "blog elitism" issue. I should practise what I preach.

I am in danger of biting off more than I can chew, though. I do a news brief of 25 or more items every thursday on the Daily Grail, try to blog an article or two every now and then there, I'm trying to furnish a post every day here, keep up with comments here and other sites, and still post Newshog news briefs twice a week. I can work harder, sure I can. But if you would like to help out, either by sending me links for newsbriefs/blogabout or by becoming a contributor and maybe posting your own articles and opinions or by taking on your own 'news briefs' once a week then drop me an email.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to welcome you to Atlanta. If you want to get some advice on where to go and where not to and such try emailing me at work. kirk.lunde@bcbsga.com
I don't get our much anymore since we adopted our boys, but I do know plenty of reasonably priced eaterys. (on the east side of town) I know some cheap ones too if your stomach is such as Tom Waits used to sing about. Oh, and the best coffee shop is Sweet Java Brown at 1994 Hosea Williams Blv. http://www.sweetjavabrown.com/
Kirkrrt