Monday, March 17, 2008

Oh yes, we have no inflation

There is no inflation anywhere to be seen --- diesel at the gas station down the street from my house just went past $4.00 a gallon, cascading through the entire trucking industry so firms now are paying more for gas than they are for drivers. [Kirkrrt @ GnostiNews]

There is no inflation in food or services. I got a haircut this weekend and stopped at a local sports bar for a bite to eat afterwards. I got the spicy chicken burrito and while it was good, it was about 2/3rds the size of the same burrito I got for the same price about six monts ago.

There is no inflation in credit costs. I recently received a tickler e-mail saying that I had accumulated enough points on a credit card to cash them in for a prize. I chose to get a gift certificate to go out to dinner sometime in the next couple of weeks. I noticed that it took roughly 1.2 points per penny of cash value, while the last time I cashed in points with the same company one point produced one penny of cash value. Nahh, no inflation there.

I wonder where else there is no price increases, or service decreases for the same price showing up....

No comments: